Buying a home could be the single largest investment you will ever make.
An AJAX Home Inspection will identify any existing need for repairs or builder oversights, as well as future maintenance needs to keep it in proper condition. We’ll walk you through the home to familiarize you with its components, and tell you about routine maintenance that should be performed.
An AJAX Home Inspection is also important because many repair or replacement issues discovered during the inspection process may be used as contingencies in your purchase offer. After our detailed inspection, you will know more about the structure, which will allow you to take you next step with confidence.
If you are new to the home buying process, we will help you to understand the mechanics of your potential new home. We’ll not only inspect the property that you’re buying but we’ll share with you what needs to be maintained and why. You’ll get a real education about your new home, and what you might expect from it in the years to come.
Need more detail? Here is a key point summary of just a few of the areas AJAX Home Inspections will inspect:
• The attic space is entered and partially crawled through (when accessible), inspecting for: condition of the roof structure, roof leaks condition of the insulation, a/c and heating ducts, visible electric wiring,conduit, and plumbing pipes.
• The roof is inspected to determine the condition of the roof covering, condition of flashings, evidence of leaks and additional roof problems (if the roof appears safe to walk on, and access is available).
• Under floor crawlspace (if present) is entered and partially crawled through if it appears safe and accessible to inspect the condition of foundation walls and floor structure above.
• Drainage and ventilation components, insulation, a/c & heating ducts, visible electric wiring, conduit, and plumbing pipes are also inspected.
• Other structural items observed for structural concerns are the exterior, foundation, and interior walls, as well as all doors and windows and their components.
• Main electric disconnect, main panels and sub-panels are inspected, and electric receptacle outlets and lights throughout the house are tested.
• Plumbing elements are thoroughly inspected, including traps under/in lavatories and sinks, toilets, bidets, tubs, showers, and other plumbing fixtures for condition and leaks.
• The Air Conditioning condenser unit and air handler unit are operated using the thermostat and checked while in operation for excess noise, vibration, physical condition, and minimum acceptable operating limits.
• The heating unit is operated using the thermostat and checked while in operation for excess noise, vibration, physical condition, and minimum acceptable operating limits.
• The water heater is inspected for correct plumbing, earthquake straps, overflow valve and ignition switch operation, and water temperature.
•The interior of the home is thoroughly inspected for evidence of water leaks, window and door operation and waterproofing, and any evidence of structural problems.
•The exterior of the home is thoroughly inspected for evidence of poor drainage, evidence of structural problems, and the overall condition of the drive, walks, decks, patios, etc.
• The sprinkler system and its components are checked for operation throughout all zones.
• If present, the swimming pool / spa are inspected for equipment operation, connection of electrical equipment, condition of the interior pool / spa surface, indication of line and pump leaks, and for cracks in the interior surface.
*This is just a brief summary of what AJAX will inspect, but please let us know if you have any special area of concern.